Makita salesmen were at the Houston United Tool and Fastener office to showcase the company’s newest products.
Those new to the Makita brand will find XGT®, an entirely new system of 40v and 80v max cordless equipment and tools.
What makes these Makita tools new and different?
• Pure Copper Wire. XGT® comprises brushless motors with more copper windings for increased power output.
• Rare Earth Magnets. The highest-quality magnets are engineered within XGT® brushless motors to maximize power and performance.
• Built-In Microchips in both tool and battery enable real-time communication to actively monitor heat, overload, and over discharge.
• Digital Communication between XGT® tools and batteries through enhanced digital communication technology optimize performance to deliver up to 2 times longer sustained power during demanding applications.
• Impact-Absorbent Structure comprises a durable outer casing and cell holder to create space within the battery to absorb impact.
• Water and Dust Resistance has a triple-layer and enhanced terminal structure are engineered to protect against water and dust for any jobsite condition.
• Multi-Layer Surface Contacts with the tool and battery are designed to take on high-current demands.
• Rapid Optimum Charging System encompasses the XGT® Charger with dual cooling fans that digitally communicates before and during the charging process, evaluating battery condition to deliver a consistent, fast charge.
GRH01M1: 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 1‑1/8-in. AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit
The Makita-built brushless motor delivers a full 2.8 ft. lbs. of impact energy, with 0-980 RPM and 0-5,000 BPM. Constant speed control automatically applies additional power under load for optimum performance.
The Makita 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 1‑1/8-in. AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit (GRH01M1) features Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®), which electronically turns off the motor if the rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop, and Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) for reduced vibration. Furthermore, AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. In addition, the vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration. For added durability in harsh jobsite conditions, Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance.
The Makita Rotary Hammer (GRGO1Z) has dust extraction capability with an OSHA Table-1-compliant on-board HEPA dust extractor attachment (sold separately) or standalone with Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS®). AWS uses Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on and power-off communication between the equipped tool and dust extractor. Once connected via AWS, the AWS-equipped dust extractor will automatically power on or off when the AWS-equipped cordless tool starts or stops, running only when the tool is in use. This increases productivity on a single charge and reduces noise at the job or work site.
The torque-limiting clutch is engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds, and constant speed control automatically adds power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most demanding jobs. Additional performance features include an electric brake, variable speed dial, built-in L.E.D. light, and a retractable tool hook.
The Makita 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 1‑1/8-in. AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit (GRH01M1) is ideal for a range of trades including mechanical/electrical/plumbing contractors, concrete contractors, road and bridge contractors, utility workers, pest control, and maintenance operations in addition to others. It accepts SDS-PLUS bits.
The Makita 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 1‑1/8-in. AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit (GRH01M1) includes:
- (1) 40V max XGT® Brushless 1-1/8" AVT® Rotary Hammer, AFT®, AWS® Capable (GRH01Z)
- (1) 40V max XGT® 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040)
- (1) 40V max XGT® Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RA)
- (1) Side Handle Assembly (126882-3)
- (1) Grease (194683-7)
- (1) Cloth Towel (443122-7)
- (1) Tool Bag
For more information about the Makita 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 1‑1/8-in. AVT® Rotary Hammer Kit (GRH01M1) or to buy any Makita tools, please contact a local UTF showroom in Houston at 713-692-2323; in San Antonio at 210-495-8665; or College Station at 979-731-8665.