Unistrut is excited to announce two new products: the Hinged Beam Clamp and the heavy-duty P2580 bracket, the company has deemed “the strongest bracket in the market”.
United Tool and Fastener is proud to carry the Unistrut brand of quality products that are simple to use. Furthermore, the company prides itself in that “a wrench is the only tool necessary to use its products”.
Hinged Beam Clamp
The new Unistrut® Hinged Beam Clamp is the solution for mounting a strut system to a sloped ceiling. The Hinged Beam Clamp is designed to pivot up to 18° so strut installation remains level even when the ceiling is not.
In the past, contractors have used various attachment methods such as bending or modifying products (which are not recommended attachment methods). The Hinged Beam Clamp provides a safe and easy solution for mounting strut to a sloped ceiling.
Features and Benefits:
• Safe solution for mounting strut to a sloped ceiling
• Eliminates the need to modify products to accommodate sloped ceilings
• Beam flange width ranging from 4"-12"
• Compatible with any 15⁄8" strut profile
• Serrated inside face to prevent slippage
• Beam flange thickness up to 7⁄8"
• Slopes up to 18°
- Design loads only apply to Unistrut brand products. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the part.
- Use in pairs only.
- Safety factor = 2.5 based on ultimate strength of connection.
- For slopes up to 18°.
- For use with beam flanges up to 7/8" thick, flange widths from 4" - 12".
P2580 Heavy-Duty Bracket
Unistrut’s website says the new Unistrut® heavy-duty P2580 bracket is the highest-capacity cantilevered strut bracket in the market. According to Unistrut, the heavy-duty bracket is 35% stronger than competitive products and comprises the highest capacity in the market.
The new heavy-duty P2580 bracket features a clevis-shaped base and three-bolt attachment for added strength, length options from 12 inches to 36 inches, and has a double-sided channel for top and bottom attachments.
The Cantilever Bracket is commonly used for pipe, cable tray, conduit and equipment supports for both top and bottom attachment.
Features and Benefits:
- 35% stronger than competitive products
- Uses a 3-bolt attachment and a U-shaped base plate for added strength
- Double-sided channel enables attachment on top and bottom
- Made in America
- Patent pending
- Hole diameter: 9/16" (14mm)
- Hole spacing (from end): 13/16" (21mm)
- Hole spacing (on center): 1-7/8" (48mm)
- Width: 1-5/8" (41mm)
- Channel thickness: 12 gauge
- Fitting thickness: 1/4"
- Material: ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
When used for mechanical supports, load capacities of brackets and fittings must be in compliance with the American Standard Code for Pressure Piping.