We are looking for a responsible Receiving Clerk in Houston to receive, inspect and record shipments with raw material or products. You will be responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
A receiving clerk must have a great eye for detail and basic math skills. They must also have adequate physical strength to unload shipments as well as the clerical skills to update records and follow up with suppliers.
The goal is to ensure we receive the correct packages and stock them appropriately.
- Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Unload packages from incoming trucks
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
- Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Experience in operating forklifts
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma
- To apply, please send resume to Angela Masso at email@example.com