Job: Delivery Driver
To operate a light delivery/panel truck or similar vehicle to pick up and deliver parts, materials, and finished products. To service customers in the local area.
- Loads truck with packages scheduled for the day's deliveries.
- Determines most efficient order of delivery and prepares schedule showing order to be followed. Consults with supervisor about any unusual problems.
- Delivers packages and gets receiving slips signed.
- Uses cell phone to report on progress of deliveries.
- Picks up returns and items for use by the company. Verifies goods received against packing slips and signs receipt.
- Maintains simple records of deliveries and truck mileage.
- Follows maintenance schedule for having truck serviced. Takes other vehicles for service when instructed to do so. Reports any mechanical problems to supervisor.
- Assists in general warehouse duties upon completing delivery route.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read directions and use a street map to plot delivery route.
- Ability to maintain simple logs and records.
- Dependable worker able to carry out a series of work instructions without constant supervision.
- Must be physically able to lift up to fifty pounds regularly in order to load and deliver packages.
Weekly pay, Paid Time Off, Major Holidays Paid, 401k, company-subsidized Medical and Dental Insurance.
To apply, please contact Angela Masso, Human Resources Manager, at 713-692-2323